|Christian Feigenspan opened his brewery at 49 Charlton
Street in 1875. He was awarded a silver medal at the Paris Exposition
in 1877 for his export beer. He remained there until 1878 when he
moved to 47 Belmont Avenue. Around this time he started to bottle
his beer in blob top bottles.
In the early 1890's he moved into the building pictured above
at the corner of Freeman & Christie Streets and remained there
until the brewery was bought in 1943 by P. Ballantine and Sons.
The bottle was famous for it's "P.O.N." (Pride of Newark)
Further information on this brewery and others can be found in
History and Directory of Sodas & Beers 1846 - 1905, Featuring
Newark, N. J. Bottlers by Warren Rinda.